Tuesday, October 28, 2008

EDUCAUSE 08 Day 1

Well, I made it Orlando and other than eating breakfast at 4 am and having to go to bet at 7 am, all is well. I just hate traveling east. I'm such a whiner. At least it is warm today.

I am here for the Educause Conference which is a national technology conference for higher education. It is an amazing conference that I look forward to going to every year. I look forward to it for two reasons: amazing sessions and old friends.

The sessions really start tomorrow, but yesterday was about catching up with old friends. Yesterday, I met up with my CCCU friends for dinner at the Olive Garden for an impromptu social event. It was a great time to find out what was going on in their lives both professionally and personally. These people have truly become true friends and people I have grown to care about rather than just network with. Today we all met up professionally as part of a Commisson on Technology for the CCCU. We had a terrific planning session for our yearly conference, to find out how everyone is doing, to network, and to find out what we can do to help support other member schools like our own. We got a lot of work done and planning for our future conference which will be held at Indiana Wesleyan. It stands to be a great conference.

No comments: