Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mozilla's Firefox 3 (RC3) was released today

I just downloaded Firefox 3 and installed it on my computer although Michael Horowitz for Cnet News recommended that I don't until all of the bugs are worked out. Well, as far as I know all software is buggy. I would never upgrade if I let others workout the bugs. Aren't there bugs in Windows XP and it is on the way out.

There are a lot of great features in FF3 RC3 listed on the website which I won't bore you with since you are smart enough to go to the website to read if you are reading my blog right now. The biggest plus is suppose to be security and speed. We will see. The thing I noticed when installing is that none of my add-ons are going to work with the newest version, but I am sure developers will be quick to make those updates. That is the the thing about Open Source fans, they are quick to move.

Am I giving up on IE7? No, I pride myself on being an open person and that includes the world of browsers. I'm the kind of girl who likes to keep her options open, when it comes to computing.

No comments: