Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What did we do without technology Jane???

Wow, I cannot believe that here it is the end of July already. I think I slept through the last two weeks because it has been soooo blasted hot here and the girls were so busy or kept me busy. I came home, cooked dinner or at least would throw something together and we would either lay around the house (with no AC) or head out to the pool which is just my temperature, 86 degrees F.

On top of it all, I had to shuffle kids to the dentist, the oral surgeon, the Harry Potter book premiere at Borders, Sr portraits at Green Gables, and I also had to look for a place for my 10yr old to stay while my other daughter was heading out to a friend's lake place for the week. So where did I turn to for help? Technology! Without it, I would have been running all over the place or living on hold. I could check the weather (I knew it was hot so why did I need the confirmation?), confirm dentist appointments, view my daughter's proofs, pre-order our Harry Potter books, order dinner and enroll my daughter in day camp all via the WWW. I'm not quite Jane Jetson yet, but I know that clothes changer is just around the corner, but then again, Jane did have to go to the mall, I can do it all from my laptop by the pool.

No comments: